Utah Wrimos
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2018, 03:14:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
UtahWrimos.net open for business! Welcome to our unofficial home.
731 Posts in 103 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Juniper_1951
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Utah Wrimos
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  "Did you just steal my nut?" (and other Write-In Quotes)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Did you just steal my nut?" (and other Write-In Quotes)  (Read 7252 times)
redthunder

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:58:07 pm »

"Did you just steal my nut?"

"Anything is possible, you just have to put in the appropriate blood trail."

"When you hear the rooster crow, it's time to stop."

"It's okay.  We don't actually do it.  ...Usually."

"There's only one deity in this universe."
"That's what they think."

"So, you've got the guy whose wife was a zombie..."

"I can sit there and zone out for hours, shooting balls."

"I need a word that can sum up 'you are an idiot'.  But politely."

"Note to self: next week, bring tranquilizer gun."

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:08:39 pm by redthunder » Logged
jaguerns

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:16:02 pm »

Sounds like a good meeting!  Sorry I missed it...
sortitus
Utah :: Elsewhere

I'm a civilized savage.

View Profile deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:29:11 am »

Try bollocks. Most people in the US will have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm wondering where these quotes are from. They are genius. I'll see if I can work any of them into bystander dialogue in my book. :P Yes, they're that good.
"Why go on a road trip to the island continent of Australia when it's closer to drive a car straight into outer space?" -Ryan North
lonelytourist
Utah :: American Fork

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 04:04:58 am »

Try bollocks. Most people in the US will have no idea what you're talking about.

"Bollocks" is sort of more of a retort, in my experience, and most people I know use the word or at least know it. But we're all Anglophiles, too, so who knows.

"Git" or "tosser" would be a bit more amusing and accurate.  :D
sortitus

I'm a civilized savage.

View Profile deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 04:24:55 am »

"Bollocks" is sort of more of a retort, in my experience, and most people I know use the word or at least know it. But we're all Anglophiles, too, so who knows.

"Git" or "tosser" would be a bit more amusing and accurate.  :D

I dunno. If you're calling someone an idiot, they probably said something stupid.

Tosser is a nice one. I actually use wanker quite a bit. That's probably a bad thing. Along those lines, codpiece is a good insult.

In other news, Anglophiles FTW. IYKWIM AITYD.
"Why go on a road trip to the island continent of Australia when it's closer to drive a car straight into outer space?" -Ryan North
redthunder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:27:21 am »

I'm wondering where these quotes are from. They are genius. I'll see if I can work any of them into bystander dialogue in my book. :P Yes, they're that good.

These quotes are actually from the Utah County write-ins every Tuesday at the Dragon's Keep in Provo.  We're meeting at seven tomorrow if you'd like to join us:)
sortitus

I'm a civilized savage.

View Profile deviantArt
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 02:55:53 pm »

I'd love to, but I'm not feeling up to a three and a half to four hour drive tonight. :) There should be a southern counties write-in. Does anybody know how many people are from the lower half of the state this year?
utoxin
Utah :: Springville

Yes, I'm Crazy

View Profile My Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 03:15:44 pm »

I'd love to, but I'm not feeling up to a three and a half to four hour drive tonight. :) There should be a southern counties write-in. Does anybody know how many people are from the lower half of the state this year?

Not offhand, but I know there's a few. I'd love to find someone to ML that end of the state. I feel horrible that they're left to their own devices so much.
sortitus

I'm a civilized savage.

View Profile deviantArt
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 03:44:50 pm »

A Municipal Liason? (reads up on it on the official site) So, I guess that's why we're all alone down here. It's kinda crazy, with two famous fantasy authors within a five minute drive of my house. I suppose they're a bit busy to ML though... It would be awesome if they participated in this. I'll have to talk to them for next time and see what's up.

If it helps, I'm adult and have time to ML. I don't know if it's too late, though. I could pull it unofficially, of course, though I'm not sure how that is looked on. I'm starting a poll in the Elsewhere category to see how many people are interested in write-ins. I really wish that people would stop posting in the official forums...  :'(
utoxin
Utah :: Springville

Yes, I'm Crazy

View Profile My Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 03:49:33 pm »

If it helps, I'm adult and have time to ML. I don't know if it's too late, though. I could pull it unofficially, of course, though I'm not sure how that is looked on. I'm starting a poll in the Elsewhere category to see how many people are interested in write-ins. I really wish that people would stop posting in the official forums...  :'(

Excellent! It's too late to be an official ML for this year, but as the Elsewhere ML for Utah, you have my permission to ML all you want. :) And if you stay in touch, I'll make sure that when they ask for volunteers for next year, that your name gets submitted. :) (Assuming you still want to do it when this month is over...)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »